To seek, to strive, to find, and not to yield. - Ulysses

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

WELCOME BACK!!!

The start of the school year can certainly bring its fair share of uncertainty. However it also provides the opportunity for a clean slate. To learn from the mistakes of the past, set new goals and to really make the most of this amazing opportunity we call education.

On this blog you will find some links to helpful English websites, as well as a quick summary or snapshot of the day's lesson and homework. I do encourage all students to use their school agenda's - but if you forget, then this is a great resource to come to.

Block A: Some very interesting results from the first day quiz. I guess only time will tell - if you will do well in my class! If you did not complete the personal profile in class - please do so for homework tonight. Please have your parent or guardian sign the pink letter and have it returned to me by Friday.

Block C: A great first class grade 9s! I have a good feeling about this community of learners. I hope that you learned something about yourself and the type of learner that you are. Make it work for you! I will give you some time tomorrow to complete the profile. Please have your parent or guardian sign the blue letter and have it returned to me by Friday.

Block D: Thank you for your energy - even though it was the LAST block of the day. I hope that your experience in English 8 is a rewarding one! I also hope that you learned or confirmed something about how you learn. We will continue with the learning style handout at the beginning of class tomorrow. Please have your parent or guardian sign the green letter and have it returned to me by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wallowing Wednesday!

Block B: Poetry Stations are done! There will be some time tomorrow to share more poetry if you feel so inclined. There is no homework tonig...