To seek, to strive, to find, and not to yield. - Ulysses

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Talk about Tuesday:

Block A: Great work on the two community building challenges today! Your towers and cup stacking efforts were impressive!!! Please get your yellow letters in as soon as possible.

Blocks B & D: Today we went to the library and chose silent reading novels. Please make sure you are bringing your novel to class each day as we will start the class with silent reading. Your homework tonight is to complete the letter to me in which you introduce yourself and let me know a little bit about you as a learner. Here are the instructions from the overhead:

Part A: Explain to me a little bit about you. What kinds of things do you like doing outside of school? Do you belong to clubs or sports teams? Anything that will help to give me better picture of who you are.

Part B: What do you expect to get out of my class? What makes a good teacher? What expectations do you have of me as your teacher?

Part C: Tell me about the kind of student you are. Do you hate to be called on in front of class? Do you sometimes need extra help? Do you need help keeping your work organized? Extra reminders about homework and due dates?

Part D: Think seriously about who would be a good person for you to sit near in order to benefit your learning. I'll take your reasons into consideration when I make my seating plan tonight. You must provide a good reason - s'he's my bff is not a good reason! You may also tell me who you think you might need some space from - with a good reason. For example, I am easily distracted by ............. and I want to do better academically this semester. I'm not making any promises - but I'll do the best I can.

Finally, in your letter feel free to include anything else you think might be helpful for me to know about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wallowing Wednesday!

Block B: Poetry Stations are done! There will be some time tomorrow to share more poetry if you feel so inclined. There is no homework tonig...